Before you head out on your next business trip here are some tips to ensure your success and allow you to focus on the task at hand:
- Be secure. Prevent the loss or theft of valuable documents or data while on the road by digitizing and storing your information in the cloud before you leave, and removing sensitive files from your devices. Office365, OneDrive, Box, Dropbox, and Google Drive are among the most popular collaboration and cloud storage services available, allowing any member of your team to access your stored information from any Internet-enabled device.
- Pack it up. In addition to remembering to pack any devices you’ll need on the road, be sure to back their accessories to ensure they remain functional throughout the duration of your trip, including charging cords, batteries, cables, and more.
- Take charge. Don’t wait until the last minute, or until you’re sitting at the airport, to charge your devices. By carrying a full charge at all times you’ll always be prepared, and appear more organized.
- Timing is everything. Maximize your productivity by performing tasks while waiting for your flight and once on board. Catch up on reading, prepare your presentation, or check your email to relieve some of the pressure once you land.
- Be choosy. Not every hotel is equipped for business travel, lacking the resources, space, or amenities you need such as free Wi-Fi, ample desk space, or a business center. Find a hotel chain that is accommodating and stick with them, making sure to enroll in their loyalty program to accumulate points and enjoy perks.
- Tie up loose ends. Finish your paperwork before you leave, using the latest technology from Xerox® including the Xerox Mobile Link App which allows you to securely scan, fax, and store documents, receipts, contracts and more.
- Print away. Printing on the road is much easier with a Xerox Mobile Print Solution, which uses GPS technology to locate the nearest compatible printer, and prints your documents to them for safe retrieval using a dedicated password.
For more tips on how you can be more productive on the road, contact an Urban X Solutions representative today!